java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza

Hi all.

Probably this is not the correct place to post this message, but I didn't find a satisfactory response in google.

In my app a job is started periodically to update a table in a mongo db. The app runs normally but after some while I receive the following exception:

Exception in thread "quartzScheduler_Worker-4" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:119)
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.buildLoggingEventAndAppend(Logger.java:419)
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.filterAndLog_0_Or3Plus(Logger.java:383)
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.error(Logger.java:538)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:585)
Exception in thread "http-nio-9081-Acceptor-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:119)
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.buildLoggingEventAndAppend(Logger.java:419)
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.filterAndLog_0_Or3Plus(Logger.java:383)
    at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.log(Logger.java:765)
    at org.slf4j.bridge.SLF4JBridgeHandler.callLocationAwareLogger(SLF4JBridgeHandler.java:221)
    at org.slf4j.bridge.SLF4JBridgeHandler.publish(SLF4JBridgeHandler.java:303)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:738)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Logger.java:765)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.logp(Logger.java:1041)
    at org.apache.juli.logging.DirectJDKLog.log(DirectJDKLog.java:182)
    at org.apache.juli.logging.DirectJDKLog.error(DirectJDKLog.java:148)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Acceptor.run(NioEndpoint.java:720)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)--

The app run as a standalone jar and I am using grails 3.1.11.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

Assinatura Informal José
        Vilmar, Telefones: 21 2555-2650 e 21 98868-0859, Skype: jvilmar

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy

Dawid Duniec
Did you managed to solve your issue ? i'm facing the same one now :(