java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.getCharBBox(C)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.getCharBBox(C)

jelbatn
Hi,
I am trying to have my GSP page to show as a pdf. I am using the the
rendering 0.4.3 plugin I keep getting this error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.getCharBBox(C)

I have seen so many posts about this error, some of them are back from 2008.
I tried every possible solution:
right now I am compiling
compile("org.xhtmlrenderer:core-renderer:R8")
compile("com.lowagie:itext:2.1.0")

I tried to recompile with different itext version: 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 2.1.1,
2.1.5 and 2.1.7
I tried recompiling with core-renderer-R8.jar

but still no luck. I do have other plugins installed Jasper1.5.3, export1.1
not sure if they are causing anything

most of the posts identified that the issue is with the saucer. But I really
did not see one common solution to this. Can someone please help me out with
this?
By this time there has to be a solution for this problem

Thanks in advance

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.getCharBBox(C)

burtbeckwith
Please ask usage questions on the User list.

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.getCharBBox(C)

sandhya2m

There is no need to exclude the itext version,instead explicitly add the version in dependency section and not in the plugin section as below. This would override any plugins itext with the below version. In future ,adding a new plugin with itext also won't cause any issue.

 dependencies {
         build "com.lowagie:itext:2.1.0"
    }
Note: Don't exclude any itext or grails-docs.