java.lang.StackOverflowError on processing error 500

java.lang.StackOverflowError on processing error 500

Fedor Belov
Hello. I process exceptions by controller's action ("500"(controller: 'error', action: '500')). Suppose I've got filter 'a' for all controllers/actions. If method `before` of filter `a` throws an exception then Grails will process error 500, call method `before` which throw an exception, which will trigger Grails to process error 500 and so on. So we've got java.lang.StackOverflowError exception.

I think this is really bad behaviour which leads to dramatic production problems.