logical deletes

Andy-25
Hi, I am new to grails.  I am wondering if it is possible to set a flag or something to allow grails to perform logical vs hard deletes.
THanks

Re: logical deletes

Dean Del Ponte-2
Sure, but you'd have to do it yourself.  Probably need more details from you if you need a more specific answer.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Andy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I am new to grails.  I am wondering if it is possible to set a flag or something to allow grails to perform logical vs hard deletes.
THanks

RE: logical deletes

Andy-25
I am currently performing logical deletes by updating an "active indicator" column in each table instead of calling delete().  Do you see this as something a plugin could accomplish?  It would be cool to have the cascading logical deletes taken care of too.  Thx

Re: logical deletes

Nicolás Dijkstra
Hey that's a great idea! You have my vote

Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:15:39 -0600
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Sure, but you'd have to do it yourself.  Probably need more details from you if you need a more specific answer.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Andy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I am new to grails.  I am wondering if it is possible to set a flag or something to allow grails to perform logical vs hard deletes.
THanks

Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]