need inputs on grails template reuse in a pure java environment

need inputs on grails template reuse in a pure java environment

Prasad Katti
Hi All,

in my current project we are using grails templates for sending emails. now this functionality is moving to a non-grails platform.

1.this means there is a need to move the templates to a new code base. the challenge here is the new code base is not grails aware.
2. the second option is to move the templates to a java aware platform such as apache freemaker.

going the first route will be great. however, I am looking for information where I can inject groovyPagesTemplateEngine object without having to introduce too many dependencies. i am looking at introducing a maven build dependancy for gsptemplateengine as well as references to similar kind of solution.

Appreciate your inputs.

regards
Prasad