need to populate a dropdown based on another

need to populate a dropdown based on another

iyengara
Hi,
I am new to grails and learning it in order to build web apps faster for the charities I am volunteering with.
Here is what I need help with:
 - I need to populate a dropdown list (dropdown 2) based on a selection in dropdown 1

So essentially I need to
- trap the select event in dropdown1
- make an ajax call to get the list of values for dropdown2
- clear any existing values in dropdown2
- add the new values for dropdown2

Also, I would like dropdown2 to be disabled (or hidden) until a value is selected in dropdown1

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Ashvin

Re: need to populate a dropdown based on another

iyengara
Thanks, bdrhoa. Will look for it.

Re: need to populate a dropdown based on another

vahid

Ajaxdependancyselection :-)

On 19 Oct 2013 15:35, "iyengara" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, bdrhoa. Will look for it.

Re: need to populate a dropdown based on another

iyengara
Thanks, Vahid.
Appreciate it. Will give it a try this weekend.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM, vahid [via Grails] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ajaxdependancyselection :-)

On 19 Oct 2013 15:35, "iyengara" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, bdrhoa. Will look for it.

http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/need-to-populate-a-dropdown-based-on-another-tp4650400p4650533.html
To unsubscribe from need to populate a dropdown based on another, click here.
NAML

Re: need to populate a dropdown based on another

Spark42
I recently had this same need.  You can see my original issue and solution in Stackoverflow.