number of people/companies using Grails

justinedelson
Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or companies are using Grails?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: number of people/companies using Grails

Graeme-Rocher
It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
dramatically over the past year

Regards

On 10/30/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or companies are
> using Grails?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
http://www.g2one.com

Re: number of people/companies using Grails

justinedelson
Can you provide any specific numbers?

> It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
> traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
> dramatically over the past year
>
> Regards
>
> On 10/30/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or companies are
> > using Grails?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin
> >

> --
> Graeme Rocher
> Grails Project Lead
> G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
> http://www.g2one.com

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hi Justin,

I sent a mail about mailing-list statistics recently:

Both the number of subscribers and the number of emails a day are increasing.
Usually, the number of subscribers to OSS project mailing-lists is
only the visible part of the iceberg.

On 10/31/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you provide any specific numbers?
>
> Thanks
>

> On 10/31/07, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
> > traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
> > dramatically over the past year
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > On 10/30/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or companies are
> > > using Grails?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Justin
> > >

> > --
> > Graeme Rocher
> > Grails Project Lead
> > G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
> > http://www.g2one.com

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
http://www.g2one.com

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

Steven Devijver
We're happily using Groovy and Grails.

Just finished building a nice web application with Grails to keep
track of our test statistics ... in 2 days.

On 10/31/07, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> I sent a mail about mailing-list statistics recently:
>
> Both the number of subscribers and the number of emails a day are increasing.
> Usually, the number of subscribers to OSS project mailing-lists is
> only the visible part of the iceberg.
>
> On 10/31/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Can you provide any specific numbers?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > On 10/31/07, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
> > > traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
> > > dramatically over the past year
> > >
> > > Regards

> > > --
> > > Graeme Rocher
> > > Grails Project Lead
> > > G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
> > > http://www.g2one.com

> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
> http://www.g2one.com

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

Guillaume Laforge-2
Although I didn't mention it so far, but in my previous professional
life (before founding G2One), I was working for a consulting company
which deployed several Grails applications for two famous French
broadcasting companies, a European space agency, a couple insurance
companies, and new applications are being started as I speak for a
major investment bank.
And I don't mention another couple of internal apps that were deployed
in-house to track the consultants engagements and billing, or to offer
a Google-like search interface over all the company's customer
deliverables.

On 10/31/07, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're happily using Groovy and Grails.
>
> Just finished building a nice web application with Grails to keep
> track of our test statistics ... in 2 days.
>

> On 10/31/07, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > I sent a mail about mailing-list statistics recently:
> >
> > Both the number of subscribers and the number of emails a day are increasing.
> > Usually, the number of subscribers to OSS project mailing-lists is
> > only the visible part of the iceberg.
> >
> > On 10/31/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Can you provide any specific numbers?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > >     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
> > >

> > --
> > Guillaume Laforge
> > Groovy Project Manager
> > G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
> > http://www.g2one.com

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
http://www.g2one.com

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

justinedelson
Thanks. Now all I need are corresponding numbers for Wicket (don't ask).

On 10/31/07, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Justin,

I sent a mail about mailing-list statistics recently:

Both the number of subscribers and the number of emails a day are increasing.
Usually, the number of subscribers to OSS project mailing-lists is
only the visible part of the iceberg.

On 10/31/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email] > wrote:

> Can you provide any specific numbers?
>
> Thanks
>

> On 10/31/07, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
> > traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
> > dramatically over the past year
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > On 10/30/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or companies are
> > > using Grails?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Justin
> > >

> > --
> > Graeme Rocher
> > Grails Project Lead
> > G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
> > http://www.g2one.com

>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
http://www.g2one.com

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

hamishagain@dcs.shef.ac.uk
one easy way to generate numbers is statistics from hosting environments (e.g.
sourceforge statistics links; presubably the codehaus infrastructure has similar)

counting users can actually reduce their number; my project used to require
registration before download, but sometimes people won't do something that
requires more than a click or two :-(

Justin Edelson wrote:

> Thanks. Now all I need are corresponding numbers for Wicket (don't ask).
>
> On 10/31/07, *Guillaume Laforge* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Justin,
>
>     I sent a mail about mailing-list statistics recently:
>
>     Both the number of subscribers and the number of emails a day are
>     increasing.
>     Usually, the number of subscribers to OSS project mailing-lists is
>     only the visible part of the iceberg.
>
>     On 10/31/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]> > wrote:
>      > Can you provide any specific numbers?
>      >
>      > Thanks
>      >
>      >
>      > On 10/31/07, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
>      > > traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
>      > > dramatically over the past year
>      > >
>      > > Regards
>      > >
>      > > On 10/30/07, Justin Edelson < [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > > Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or
>     companies are
>      > > > using Grails?
>      > > >
>      > > > Thanks,
>      > > > Justin
>      > > >
>      > >
>      > >
>      > > --
>      > > Graeme Rocher
>      > > Grails Project Lead
>      > > G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
>      > > http://www.g2one.com <http://www.g2one.com>
>      > >
>      > >
>      >
>      >     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>      >
>      >
>

>     --
>     Guillaume Laforge
>     Groovy Project Manager
>     G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
>     http://www.g2one.com

>         http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>     <http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email>

--
Hamish
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~hamish/

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

angryfraggle
Nonsense... you just get a lot of new Barney Rubleses and Fred Flinstoneses. Don't you hate it when companies insist you register for the darnedest things? :-)

Justin Edelson wrote:

> Thanks. Now all I need are corresponding numbers for Wicket (don't ask).
>
> On 10/31/07, *Guillaume Laforge* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>    Hi Justin,
>
>    I sent a mail about mailing-list statistics recently:
>
>    Both the number of subscribers and the number of emails a day are
>    increasing.
>    Usually, the number of subscribers to OSS project mailing-lists is
>    only the visible part of the iceberg.
>
>    On 10/31/07, Justin Edelson <[hidden email]
>    <mailto:[hidden email]> > wrote:
>      > Can you provide any specific numbers?
>      >
>      > Thanks
>      >
>      >
>      > On 10/31/07, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]
>    <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > It is hard to tell, typically we measure things like mailing list
>      > > traffic, downloads and blog traffic all of which have increased
>      > > dramatically over the past year
>      > >
>      > > Regards
>      > >
>      > > On 10/30/07, Justin Edelson < [hidden email]
>    <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > > Does anyone have a good way to gage how many people and/or
>    companies are
>      > > > using Grails?
>      > > >
>      > > > Thanks,
>      > > > Justin
>      > > >
>      > >
>      > >
>      > > --
>      > > Graeme Rocher
>      > > Grails Project Lead
>      > > G2One, Inc. Chief Technology Officer
>      > > http://www.g2one.com <http://www.g2one.com>
>      > >
>      > >
>      >
>      >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>      >
>      >
>

>    --
>    Guillaume Laforge
>    Groovy Project Manager
>    G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology
>    http://www.g2one.com

>        http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>    <http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email>

--
Hamish
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~hamish/

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

justinedelson
isn't that what bugmenot is for?

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the <a href="http://web32311.mail.mud.yahoo.com/dc/try_mail?qa=green_new%0A" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> All-new Yahoo! Mail

Justin Edelson wrote:

> [...]
>      >
>      >
>

>    --
>    Guillaume Laforge
>    Groovy Project Manager
>    G2One, Inc. Vice-President Technology

>    <<a href="http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email >

--
Hamish

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the <a href="http://web32311.mail.mud.yahoo.com/dc/try_mail?qa=green_new%0A" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> All-new Yahoo! Mail

Re: Re: number of people/companies using Grails

True. :-)