old plugin docs

philip
A number of plugins at grails.org/plugins are beta/RC versions, instead of the latest stable versions. I can't see a way to access the older versions of those pages, including documentation links, which I believe is important. This includes some very popular plugins such as Spring Security Core and UI. I'm looking for the 1.2.7.3 and 0.2 docs and can't find them, despite persistent, creative Googling. Other, more seasoned Grails devs said they have the same problem.

Are we missing something? Is there a convenient way to access the old docs? At this point, I can't even find an inconvenient way. I, of course, have the plugin itself, which helps. But the docs help much more. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
Philip

Re: old plugin docs

rlovtangen
You're right, this is quite cumbersome. Often also the documentation that is linked to from the plugin portal is documentation for an old version.
If the documentation is based on the built in documentation format of grails, one option is to check out the old code and run 'grails doc'.

Btw: you should now use stackoverflow.com or the new list [hidden email], depending on if it's a user question or related to development of Grails (which I think this question is).

Ronny

On 09 Jun 2014, at 01:05, philip <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A number of plugins at grails.org/plugins are beta/RC versions, instead of
> the latest stable versions. I can't see a way to access the older versions
> of those pages, including documentation links, which I believe is important.
> This includes some very popular plugins such as Spring Security Core and UI.
> I'm looking for the 1.2.7.3 and 0.2 docs and can't find them, despite
> persistent, creative Googling. Other, more seasoned Grails devs said they
> have the same problem.
>
> Are we missing something? Is there a convenient way to access the old docs?
> At this point, I can't even find an inconvenient way. I, of course, have the
> plugin itself, which helps. But the docs help much more. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you kindly,
> Philip

Re: old plugin docs

maik
Am 09.06.2014 01:05, schrieb philip:

> A number of plugins at grails.org/plugins are beta/RC versions, instead of
> the latest stable versions. I can't see a way to access the older versions
> of those pages, including documentation links, which I believe is important.
> This includes some very popular plugins such as Spring Security Core and UI.
> I'm looking for the 1.2.7.3 and 0.2 docs and can't find them, despite
> persistent, creative Googling. Other, more seasoned Grails devs said they
> have the same problem.
>
> Are we missing something? Is there a convenient way to access the old docs?
> At this point, I can't even find an inconvenient way. I, of course, have the
> plugin itself, which helps. But the docs help much more. Any help is
> appreciated.

a inconvenient way: you can (search for and) checkout the wanted revision.
for spring security core 1.2.7.3
(https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core/commit/687cb333ba42f7b1b82cf568f218bff32cf0450c):
$ git clone
https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core.git -b
gh-pages grails-spring-security-core-doc
$ cd grails-spring-security-core-doc/
$ git checkout 687cb333ba42f7b1b82cf568f218bff32cf0450c
$ firefox docs/manual/index.html