Quantcast

old spring security blowfish plugin

PeterNSteinmetz
Hi All,

Can we get some type of change made to the plugin page for the spring security blowfish plugin? It has not been updated since 2011 and the blog listed for support is no longer available.

The functionality of this plugin appears to now be available in spring-security-core and there is a problem: If this plugin is installed, it is not possible to use any encryption other than bcrypt for passwords. Even if you set the algorithm to something else, this plugin will use blowfish.

I would suggest removing this plugin as deprecated.

cheers,
Peter

Re: old spring security blowfish plugin

pledbrook
> I would suggest removing this plugin as deprecated.

If there is some consensus on this, we can do that. Unfortunately,
we'll have to update the website to re-enable this functionality but
this could be a good reason to do so.

Anyone have any objections to deprecating the plugin?

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
t: @pledbrook

Re: old spring security blowfish plugin

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Yeah we need to re-enable plugin page deprecations and also allow for redirects (like wiki pages)

http://www.springsource.com