properties.caps...

Dierk König
Hi,

I'm not sure about the caps handling in build.xml.

If it is that
- urls need lowercase start
- class names need capitalization

then normalization with 'norm' should be ... (?)

I guess we also need some renaming, since
'caps' for lowercase is a bit misleading ;-)

cheers
Mittie

Re: properties.caps...

> I'm not sure about the caps handling in build.xml.
>
> If it is that
> - urls need lowercase start
> - class names need capitalization
>
> then normalization with 'norm' should be ... (?)

urls need a lowercase start yes. In Grails we have a method called
getPropertyNameRepresentation which essentially what this is the
equivalent of. Converting class name style to property name stye

> I guess we also need some renaming, since
> 'caps' for lowercase is a bit misleading ;-)

Indeed.

> cheers
> Mittie

RE: properties.caps...

Dierk König
> urls need a lowercase start yes. In Grails we have a method called
> getPropertyNameRepresentation which essentially what this is the
> equivalent of. Converting class name style to property name stye

But that means, the artifact file still has to be contructed
capitalized, right? i.e. MyFooService.groovy

Only the application name is always lowercase (on disk and url).

> > I guess we also need some renaming, since
> > 'caps' for lowercase is a bit misleading ;-)
>
> Indeed.

I'm about to provide both 'methods'.

cheers
Mittie

Re: properties.caps...

> > urls need a lowercase start yes. In Grails we have a method called
> > getPropertyNameRepresentation which essentially what this is the
> > equivalent of. Converting class name style to property name stye
>
> But that means, the artifact file still has to be contructed
> capitalized, right? i.e. MyFooService.groovy
>
> Only the application name is always lowercase (on disk and url).
Thats right on disk its a normal class name but in the grails urls its
lowercase first letter

example RecipeController.groovy

translates to

<>/recipe/list

> > > I guess we also need some renaming, since
> > > 'caps' for lowercase is a bit misleading ;-)
> >
> > Indeed.
>
> I'm about to provide both 'methods'.

Cool :-)