publishing binary plugins

houbie
Hi,

I would like to publish the rich-domain plugin as binary plugin. Is this already possible, and which repository should be used?
I assume that the grails svn plugin repository can't handle binary plugins.

Grtz,
Ivo

Re: publishing binary plugins

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
You need to publish it to a maven compatible repository like maven
central or artifactory

Cheers

http://www.springsource.com

Re: publishing binary plugins

houbie
Are there any plans for publishing existing plugins as binary plugins? This would speed up the compilation of projects that use a lot of plugins.
Likewise, are there any plans for a "standard" maven repository that will be used by the release-plugin for binary plugins?

Grtz,
Ivo

Re: publishing binary plugins

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Not yet no.

Cheers

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM, houbie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there any plans for publishing existing plugins as binary plugins? This
> would speed up the compilation of projects that use a lot of plugins.
> Likewise, are there any plans for a "standard" maven repository that will be
> used by the release-plugin for binary plugins?
>
> Grtz,
> Ivo

http://www.springsource.com

Re: publishing binary plugins

Konstantinos Kostarellis
If we start releasing plugins in binary versions (esp. for the matter of compilation speed)
I really would love to see that they can be handled like the normal binary dependencies (jars)
where it is possible in IDEs (like STS) to download and attach the sources (source jars).

There should be away to attach the source of the binary plugins (if anyhow possible).
This is esp. important as often the documentation lags or is behind the code in the plugins
and the only "real documentation" are the sources itself.

Cheers,
   Kosta

Obviously this doesn't mean that we should not aim to write good documentations ;)

http://www.springsource.com

Re: publishing binary plugins

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Yes I think the release plugin will need to be updated to create
source jars for binary plugins

Cheers

http://www.springsource.com