"Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

"Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

fernando da Motta hildebrand
I created the controller using netbeans, didnt work with the error

--
Fernando da Motta Hildebrand
IT Consultant
Brooks' Law : "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later..."

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

fernando da Motta hildebrand
I created the controller using netbeans, didnt work with the error:
   "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

Deleted it and recreated using normal console and still gives me the same error when i run grails run-app.

Any ideas? I wouldnt like to start the project all over again...

Thks.

IT Consultant
Brooks' Law : "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later..."

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

Jeff Scott Brown
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Fernando da Motta Hildebrand
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I created the controller using netbeans, didnt work with the error:
>    "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a
> domain class!"
>
> Deleted it and recreated using normal console and still gives me the same
> error when i run grails run-app.
>
> Any ideas? I wouldnt like to start the project all over again...
>
> Thks.

I am not really sure that I understand the problem you are reporting
but maybe this will help....

If you have a controller that looks like this:

class WidgetController {
   def scaffold = true
}

Then there must be a domain class named Widget.

If you have a controller that looks like this:

class WidgetController {
   def scaffold = Book
}

Then there must be a domain class named Book.

Are either of those relevant to your scenario?  My guess is that the
first controller shown above is similar to yours and that you don't
have a corresponding domain class.

jb
--
Jeff Brown
SpringSource

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

fernando da Motta hildebrand
Well, i have a domain Users, so a controller UsersController should scaffold right.
so these scenarios are covered.

IT Consultant
Brooks' Law : "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later..."

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

Jeff Scott Brown
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Fernando da Motta Hildebrand
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, i have a domain Users, so a controller UsersController should scaffold
> right.
> so these scenarios are covered.

Something is preventing Grails from finding your Users domain class.
I would verify that it really is called Users and not User (domain
classes are most often named after singular nouns, but not always of
course) and that there isn't some other typo involved in either the
domain class name or controller class names.

If all of that looks good, it may be hard to say what is wrong with
your project unless you could create a simple demonstrative
application and share the source code.

jb

--
Jeff Brown
SpringSource

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

fernando da Motta hildebrand
it all looks good and right.

Ive created another project and copied contents by hand. Now its ok.

Cant tell what went wrong though...

IT Consultant
Brooks' Law : "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later..."

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

Adrian Haß | Shopotainment
Did you use a package for the domain and din't import it?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, i have a domain Users, so a controller UsersController should scaffold
> right.
> so these scenarios are covered.

Something is preventing Grails from finding your Users domain class.
I would verify that it really is called Users and not User (domain
classes are most often named after singular nouns, but not always of
course) and that there isn't some other typo involved in either the
domain class name or controller class names.

If all of that looks good, it may be hard to say what is wrong with
your project unless you could create a simple demonstrative
application and share the source code.

jb

--
Jeff Brown
SpringSource
http://www.springsource.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Fernando da Motta Hildebrand
IT Consultant
Brooks' Law : "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later..."

Re: "Cannot generate controller logic for scaffolded class true. It is not a domain class!"

Dean Del Ponte-2
Did you try running grails clean?