"Cannot locate GORM API implementation" with 1.4.0.M1 upgrade

"Cannot locate GORM API implementation" with 1.4.0.M1 upgrade

jondo_w
Another odd issue that hit me with my 1.3.7. - 1.4.0.M1 upgrade was that I got the following error when trying to run-app:

"Cannot locate GORM API implementation. You either don't have a GORM implementation installed (such as the Hibernate plugin) or you are running Grails code outside the context of a Grails application."

Having done a fair amount of Googling on this one, including the various JIRA's already logged for it, my issue did not seem to be related to the suggested fixes/workarounds. I did manage to eliminate the problem but am just trying to understand why it caused this error.

In my code I have a GORM class called Profile.groovy. It includes a 1:1 association to a ProfileProxy GORM class. In the constraints I have:

class Profile implements Comparable {
    ProfileProxy proxy;

    static constraints = {
        proxy(nullable: true);

The stack trace was identifying the proxy() constraint line as problematic so just to test, I commented out the line and restarted the app. Issue went away. Any suggestions/ideas why this occurred? I've had that proxy() constraint there for a long time now, through numerous Grails versions without an issue. Looking at the Revision Notes for 1.4.0.M1 I couldn't see anything there pointing to a possible explanation.

Thanks again,
Darryl Pentz

Re: "Cannot locate GORM API implementation" with 1.4.0.M1 upgrade

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Could you raise a JIRA with steps to reproduce?

Cheers

http://www.springsource.com

Re: "Cannot locate GORM API implementation" with 1.4.0.M1 upgrade

jondo_w
Will do.

http://www.springsource.com