remoteLink and prototype

Jeff Brown-2
I ran in to a problem using remoteLink that generated an error that says
"Cannot invoke method contains() on null object".  I found a reference
on the mailing list
(http://www.nabble.com/remoteLink-not-working-t1431402.html#a3860444)
that suggests putting the following in the head section of my gsp...

<g:javascript library="prototype" />

I tried that, and it worked.

Including that information on the page at http://grails.org/Ajax would
probably save some people some grief.  There is a comment on that page
about the team working on a generic solution that would work with other
javascript implementations.  Until that is working I think it would be a
good idea to add a sentence to this Ajax page to help people out with this.

jb

--
Jeff Brown
[hidden email]

Autism Strikes 1 in 250
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.jeffandbetsy.net/walkfar2005/
http://www.naar.org/

Re: remoteLink and prototype

graemer
On 4/23/06, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ran in to a problem using remoteLink that generated an error that says
> "Cannot invoke method contains() on null object".  I found a reference
> on the mailing list
> (http://www.nabble.com/remoteLink-not-working-t1431402.html#a3860444)
> that suggests putting the following in the head section of my gsp...
>
> <g:javascript library="prototype" />
>
> I tried that, and it worked.
>
> Including that information on the page at http://grails.org/Ajax would
> probably save some people some grief.  There is a comment on that page
> about the team working on a generic solution that would work with other
> javascript implementations.  Until that is working I think it would be a
> good idea to add a sentence to this Ajax page to help people out with this.

Yeh I understand the concern, but the reason it hasn't been added is
because its a bug which will be fixed before the 0.2 release

> jb
>
> --
> Jeff Brown
> [hidden email]
> Principal Software Engineer
> Object Computing Inc.
> http://www.ociweb.com/
>
> Autism Strikes 1 in 250
> Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
> http://www.jeffandbetsy.net/walkfar2005/
> http://www.naar.org/

Re: remoteLink and prototype

Stephan Schmidt
Funny how people stumble over the same things,
this costed a student of mine half a day before
he gave up and I told him to do Prototype by hand.

A comment on the website would have been nice.

bye
-stephan

On 4/23/06, Stephan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Funny how people stumble over the same things,
> this costed a student of mine half a day before
> he gave up and I told him to do Prototype by hand.
If he had posted his question to the mailing list or searched the
archives he would have found his answer pretty quick ;-)

> A comment on the website would have been nice.
Fair comment, feel free to add it if you wish...