schema-export does not work in plugins

Peter McNeil
Updating some of our older grails 2 plugins to grails 3 I noticed that schema-export no longer works in the plugin context.

Problem
If you create a plugin that defines domain objects using gorm hibernate5:6.1.12 calling grails run-command schema-export fails with Command execution error: org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport: method <init>()V not found

If you create an app and try grails schema-export, it works as expected.

If you use the plugin in an application, grails schema-export also works as expected.

It doesn't matter if you have a different database, I have tried with postgresql too.

Test project with readme: https://github.com/pmcneil/testg3plugin

Use case for schema-export in a plugin: existing grails 2 plugin https://github.com/bio-org-au/nsl-domain-plugin uses schema-export to build an executable schema to set up new shard databases and create upgrade scripts.

I have created an issue on GitHub here https://github.com/grails/gorm-hibernate5/issues/137

Cheers,

Peter.