setting the "user variable" in eclipse?

Peter Wayner

The user guide suggests setting a "user variable" in Eclipse to let
Eclipse run the build process. Is there some page that spells this
problem out in more detail? I can't see to figure out where to do
this with the Eclipse IDE.

Thanks,

Peter Wayner

Re: setting the "user variable" in eclipse?

Alan Kang
Try Windows -> Preferences... -> Java -> Build path -> Classpath
Variables -> New.

After setting the variable, in my case, the project need to be
cleaned, closed, and reopened to clear all compile errors.

Regards.

On 6/13/06, Peter Wayner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The user guide suggests setting a "user variable" in Eclipse to let
> Eclipse run the build process. Is there some page that spells this
> problem out in more detail? I can't see to figure out where to do
> this with the Eclipse IDE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Wayner

Re: setting the "user variable" in eclipse?

Peter Wayner
Thanks.

I knew it was something simple.

-Peter

On Jun 13, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Alan Kang wrote:

> Try Windows -> Preferences... -> Java -> Build path -> Classpath
> Variables -> New.
>
> After setting the variable, in my case, the project need to be
> cleaned, closed, and reopened to clear all compile errors.
>
> Regards.
>
> On 6/13/06, Peter Wayner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The user guide suggests setting a "user variable" in Eclipse to let
>> Eclipse run the build process. Is there some page that spells this
>> problem out in more detail? I can't see to figure out where to do
>> this with the Eclipse IDE.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Peter Wayner

Re: setting the "user variable" in eclipse?

prpatel
Preferences -> Java -> Build Path -> Classpath Variables
click NEW Button on right
fill in->
Name: GRAILS_HOME
path: c:/dev/grails (or wherever you installed grails)