sometimes after a code change, logger is not available in service

sometimes after a code change, logger is not available in service

366388

sometimes when I change code in a service the logger seems to fails meaning that I need to restart my server again, anyone know why this happens ?

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: log for class: com.tabble.cms.service.social.MeetupService
    at com.tabble.cms.service.social.MeetupService$$EOSSzQrg.getEvents(MeetupService.groovy:76)
    at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:17)
    at org.grails.plugins.console.ConsoleService.eval(ConsoleService.groovy:57)
    at org.grails.plugins.console.ConsoleService.eval(ConsoleService.groovy:37)
    at org.grails.plugins.console.ConsoleController$_closure2.doCall(ConsoleController.groovy:61)
    at grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.PageFragmentCachingFilter.doFilter(PageFragmentCachingFilter.java:195

Re: sometimes after a code change, logger is not available in service

Lari Hotari -
What Grails version are you using?

This problem was fixed in 2.3.3 :
http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-10735
That was related to ASTs not being applied after doing changes in domain classes. The fix https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/9ce765e5 might have fixed other AST related compilation problems too.

Lari

09.01.2014 18:49, 366388 wrote:
[...]

yes I am using v 2.3.0,

super that this is fixed as it has been a real pain

thanks