.tries ?

Dierk König
Hi, any idea what this is?

cheers
Mittie

after trying to create TutorialEntry:
----
Message: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException:
Unknown collection role: TutorialEntry.tries; nested exception is
org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown collection role: TutorialEntry.tries
Caused by: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException:
Unknown collection role: TutorialEntry.tries; nested exception is
org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown collection role: TutorialEntry.tries
Class: TutorialEntryController
At Line: [65]
Code Snippet:
65: if(tutorialEntry.save()) {
66: redirect(action:show,id:tutorialEntry.id)
---
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException:
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException: Unknown
collection role: TutorialEntry.tries; nested exception is
org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown collection role: TutorialEntry.tries
at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.j
ava:668) at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:345)
at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:176) at
groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:171) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleGrailsControllerHelper.hand
leAction(SimpleGrailsControllerHelper.java:316) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleGrailsControllerHelper.hand
leURI(SimpleGrailsControllerHelper.java:272) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleGrailsControllerHelper.hand
leURI(SimpleGrailsControllerHelper.java:115) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleGrailsController.handleRequ
est(SimpleGrailsController.java:78) at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(Si
mpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:44) at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServl
et.java:717) at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServle
t.java:658) at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkSer
vlet.java:392) at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.jav
a:357) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebAppl
icationHandler.java:830) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterI
nternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.orm.hibernate.support.GrailsOpenSessionInViewFilt
er.doFilterInternal(GrailsOpenSessionInViewFilter.java:64) at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestF
ilter.java:76) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebAppl
icationHandler.java:821) at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java
:119) at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:
55) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebAppl
icationHandler.java:821) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.servlet.filter.GrailsReloadServletFilter.doFi
lterInternal(GrailsReloadServletFilter.java:219) at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestF
ilter.java:76) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebAppl
icationHandler.java:821) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl
er.java:471) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568) at
org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565) at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext
.java:635) at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517) at
org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:954) at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816) at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983) at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833) at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244) at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357) at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534) Caused by:
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException: Unknown
collection role: TutorialEntry.tries; nested exception is
org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown collection role: TutorialEntry.tries
at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAcces
sException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:661) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateAccessor.convertHibernateAccessE
xception(HibernateAccessor.java:413) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTempla
te.java:370) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.saveOrUpdate(HibernateT
emplate.java:687) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.orm.hibernate.metaclass.SavePersistentMethod.doIn
vokeInternal(SavePersistentMethod.java:117) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.orm.hibernate.metaclass.AbstractDynamicPersistent
Method.invoke(AbstractDynamicPersistentMethod.java:49) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.metaclass.AbstractDynamicMethods.invokeMe
thod(AbstractDynamicMethods.java:136) at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.metaclass.DelegatingMetaClass.invokeMetho
d(DelegatingMetaClass.java:50) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:10
4) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod(ScriptBytecod
eAdapter.java:85) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeNoArgumentsMethod(Sc
riptBytecodeAdapter.java:175) at
TutorialEntryController$_closure8.doCall(TutorialEntryController:65) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
) at
.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ReflectionMetaMethod.invoke(ReflectionMetaMethod
.java:67) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.j
ava:636) at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:345)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:10
4) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod(ScriptBytecod
eAdapter.java:85) at
TutorialEntryController$_closure8.doCall(TutorialEntryController) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
) at
.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ReflectionMetaMethod.invoke(ReflectionMetaMethod
.java:67) at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.j
ava:636) ... 38 more Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown
collection role: TutorialEntry.tries at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.getCollectionPersister(SessionFactoryI
mpl.java:521) at
org.hibernate.engine.StatefulPersistenceContext.getOwnerId(StatefulPersisten
ceContext.java:1037) at
org.hibernate.property.BackrefPropertyAccessor$BackrefGetter.getForInsert(Ba
ckrefPropertyAccessor.java:83) at
org.hibernate.tuple.AbstractEntityTuplizer.getPropertyValuesToInsert(Abstrac
tEntityTuplizer.java:264) at
org.hibernate.tuple.PojoEntityTuplizer.getPropertyValuesToInsert(PojoEntityT
uplizer.java:206) at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.getPropertyValuesToIn
sert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3331) at
org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSaveOrReplicate(Abs
tractSaveEventListener.java:244) at
org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSave(AbstractSaveEv
entListener.java:167) at
org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(Abstra
ctSaveEventListener.java:101) at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOr
RequestedId(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:186) at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsTransient(D
efaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:175) at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate
(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:98) at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(Defa
ultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:70) at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireSaveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:531) at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:523) at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:519) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$18.doInHibernate(Hibern
ateTemplate.java:690) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTempla
te.java:365) ... 65 more

Re: .tries ?

Yeah this is fixed in CVS head, I found this problem while improving
the unit test for this which I committed last night

> [...]
> RequestedId(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:186) at
> org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsTransient(D
> efaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:175) at
> org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate
> (DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:98) at
> org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(Defa
> ultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:70) at
> org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireSaveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:531) at
> org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:523) at
> org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:519) at
> org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$18.doInHibernate(Hibern
> ateTemplate.java:690) at
> org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTempla

RE: .tries ?

Dierk König
ok, this works now. thanks
Mittie