Quantcast

upgrade quick start guide code to 1.2.0 - GRAILS-5342?

upgrade quick start guide code to 1.2.0 - GRAILS-5342?

Ray Tayek
hi, trying to upgrade the code from model.3 in the TekDays example.

seems to be some proeblem with tomcat being installed or uninstalled.
grails says:

Plugin hibernate-1.2.0 installed
Installing plugin tomcat-1.2.0
You currently already have a version of the plugin installed
[tomcat-1.2.0]. Do you want to upgrade this version? (y, n)

answering yes gets::

: Unable to delete file C:\Documents and
Settings\Ray\.grails\1.2.0\projects\TekDays\plugins\tomcat-1.2.0\lib\catalina-ant.jar

answering no completes the upgrade, but when doing a grails run-app, i get:

Plugin hibernate-1.2.0 installed
Plugin [tomcat-1.2.0] is installed, but was not found in the
application's metadata, do you want to uninstall? (y, n)

answering yes, gets the same as before (please see above)

answering no get:

2010-02-04 17:00:53,154 [main] ERROR spring.BeanBuilder  - WARNING:
Your cache provider is set to
'com.opensymphony.oscache.hibernate.OSCacheProvider' in
DataSource.groovy, however the classes for this provider cannot be found.
Using Grails' default cache provider:
'net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheProvider'

running the app gets a 404 for:
/TekDays/WEB-INF/grails-app/views/index.jsp  (which does not exits).

this looks like: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-5342

does anyone have a workaround for windows?

thanks

---
co-chair http://ocjug.org/

Re: upgrade quick start guide code to 1.2.0 - GRAILS-5342?

Malte Hübner
Ray Tayek-2 wrote
answering yes gets::

: Unable to delete file C:\Documents and
Settings\Ray\.grails\1.2.0\projects\TekDays\plugins\tomcat-1.2.0\lib\catalina-ant.jar

answering no completes the upgrade, but when doing a grails run-app, i get:

Plugin hibernate-1.2.0 installed
Plugin [tomcat-1.2.0] is installed, but was not found in the
application's metadata, do you want to uninstall? (y, n)
I think you should delete "C:\Documents and
Settings\Ray\.grails\1.2.0\projects\TekDays\plugins\tomcat-1.2.0\" as it was previously created. Perhaps the installation process of the plugin did not finish correctly so you have the dir but not all the content in it.
In this case it's good to delete the dir and run a 'grails install-plugin tomcat 1.2.0'

BR
Malte

At 02:28 AM 2/5/2010, you wrote:

>Ray Tayek-2 wrote:
> >
> > answering yes gets::
> >
> > : Unable to delete file C:\Documents and
> >
> Settings\Ray\.grails\1.2.0\projects\TekDays\plugins\tomcat-1.2.0\lib\catalina-ant.jar
> >
> > answering no completes the upgrade, but when doing a grails run-app, i
> > get:
> >
> > Plugin hibernate-1.2.0 installed
> > Plugin [tomcat-1.2.0] is installed, but was not found in the
> > application's metadata, do you want to uninstall? (y, n)
> >

>I think you should delete "C:\Documents and
>Settings\Ray\.grails\1.2.0\projects\TekDays\plugins\tomcat-1.2.0\" as it was
>previously created. Perhaps the installation process of the plugin did not
>finish correctly so you have the dir but not all the content in it.
>In this case it's good to delete the dir and run a 'grails install-plugin
>tomcat 1.2.0'

tried that. i still get the:

  " ... ERROR spring.BeanBuilder  - WARNING: Your cache provider is
set to 'com.opensymphony.oscache.hibernate.OSCacheProvider' in
DataSource.groovy, however the classes for this provider cannot be
found. Using Grails' default cache provider:
'net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheProvider' ..."

and a 404 for /TekDays/WEB-INF/grails-app/views/index.jsp

this index..jsp does not exist.

it looks like i am missing the index.gsp  - yes. that fixed the
problem. the oscache above was a red herriing.

thanks

---
co-chair http://ocjug.org/