Quantcast

validation error messages: value lost

Dierk König
Hi,

in the tutorial example, users have a unique [name] property.

Violating the constraint leads to the message

 Property [name] of class [class User] with value [{3}] must be unique

where {3} is not resolved although the a value must be
in the params (could not have led to the violation otherwise).

cheers
Mittie

Re: validation error messages: value lost

graemer
Hmm is probably a bug in the value being set in the message bundle. I
will fix this when i fix the other problem with the 'unique'
constraint

> in the tutorial example, users have a unique [name] property.
>
> Violating the constraint leads to the message
>
>  Property [name] of class [class User] with value [{3}] must be unique
>
> where {3} is not resolved although the a value must be
> in the params (could not have led to the violation otherwise).
>
> cheers
> Mittie

Re: validation error messages: value lost

Guillaume Laforge-2
I've just fixed the message bundle.

While playing with Grails this afternoon, I noticed that IDEA was
clever enough to show such mistakes in message bundles!
I'm always amazed at how IntelliJ IDEA can be!

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

RE: validation error messages: value lost

Dierk König
cool. thanks
Mittie

Guillaume,

You only corrected the on in the test package (used for the unit
tests), you will need to update
src/grails/grails-app/i18n/defaultErrorMessages.properties to correct
the problem...

I will do this later if you don't have the time

> cool. thanks
> Mittie

Done, sorry!
Why are there several defaultErrorMessages.properties in various places?
I noticed one had a D uppercase.

Groovy Project Manager

On 12/03/06, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Done, sorry!
> Why are there several defaultErrorMessages.properties in various places?
> I noticed one had a D uppercase.
Oh umm forgot to remove that one, that one is old.. I used to have it
inside the package but then decided to make it user customisable.

And as far as the other one goes I guess i could update the build to
copy the 1 into the source of the test directory before running the
tests

Graeme