working offline with plugins and dependencies

working offline with plugins and dependencies

asafdav2
hello
our organization network is disconnected from the internet, so working with plugins dependencies is inherently more complicated. what i currently do is have grails installed in an 'online' computer, create a temp app there and install there every plugin i intend to use in my real app. than i burn the grails cache directory and move it inside our network. i repeat this process from time to time to bring in new and updated plugins. the problem is that whenever i do this i have no clear idea what were the actual changes to the cache in the last iteration, so i end up burning the whole cache folder again. i'd like to only move in the deltas that i don't currently have. is there any easy way to do it?
thanks

Re: working offline with plugins and dependencies

Antoine Roux
Hi,
An option could be to store the plug-ins you need in an internal Maven repository. If you want to update the plugins you use, you have to connect to the Internet, download manually the plug-in version you need and upload it to your internal Maven repository. Then just update your BuildConfig.groovy to declare the new plug-in (or new version) and they will be downloaded.

In that case you do the action to pull new dependencies, so you know what is updated. The benefit of this solution is that all your developers would be able to pull dependencies from this repository.

You can find the updated plugins with the command:
grails list-plugin-updates

At my company we use Artifactory which works well. The adress of our repository is declared in our BuildConfig.groovy:

grails.project.dependency.resolution = {
    repositories {
        mavenRepo "http://someipaddress:8081/artifactory/plugins-releases-local"

We publish our own plug-ins that way, but that would totally work with Grails plug-ins.

Does it look like something that could work for you?

Antoine